Thursday, November 02, 2006

Applications Now Being Accepted...

My name is Julie and I am a 36 yr old woman living in Denver, CO. I am applying to adopt a baby girl from China and this is my blog about my life and that journey.

I first learned about the Chinese adoption process back in 1992. I was a college student and read about the overpopulation problem in China, the "one-child rule" and how many of the baby girls there are given up at birth and put into orphanages. It has always been at the back of my mind. All those little girls in China...just hoping for a mommy to love them.

It had been my hope to do this with a partner as a married couple, but that never came to fruition, therefore I am pursuing my dream as a single woman. For the past few years I have done a lot of research on international adoption and always go back to China as my number one choice. I am excited about pursuing this dream.

Exciting news! Today I found out that my agency of choice CCAI is now accepting applications from single women for their 2007 adoption program!!! This means I should know by Dec. 18th if I am chosen for next year's program, or if I have to wait for another year. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Norma said...

Hi, Julie! I am another single mom-in-waiting. I have applied to the waiting child program - the wait is not so long. Just something to think about. Feel free to email me privately at nursendog@yahoo.ca. My blog is http://bethanyofchina.blogspot.com

~Kristen said...

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Lia Mae is a beautiful name. I hope you hear soon about the singles spot... I know how nerve wracking that can be. I waited a couple of months and it felt soo very long! I have a 2007 spot also but was able to start the paperwork back in August. I am just about finished and hope to be DTC in Jan. I just have I171H left.

I will look forward to following your journey also.. added you to my links if you don't mind! Email me anytime
Kristen