Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Leap of Faith...

Today at church, the sermon was about taking "A Leap of Faith"...Needless to say, this hit home for me in so many ways...

One year ago this week, I started this blog - and I mailed off my application to CCAI to try and obtain one of the last single's adoption spots available. Amazing. I feel so different (better) than I did last year at this time. Last year I was nervous and worried about all of this working out. This year, I KNOW it will work out eventually (even if the long wait seems unbearable sometimes!)

Today I added some additional squishes to Lia's Quilt blog. All of the official "exchanges" are over now with my various adoption chat groups. I am still looking for some squishes from my friends and family (hint, hint) and am hoping to acquire most of those around the holidays, so that I can hand off all the sewing to my mom around the first of the year. Thanks again for offering to put together Lia's quilt mom!

I also found out this week who my "secret pal" has been for the past six months... MARCY has been such an amazing friend and supporter - thank you so much! In fact, I have received so many incredibly kind gifts from Marcy, my bib exchange friends, my sister and my mom in recent months...I can barely keep up with posting pics of all the cute things I've received, but here are a few more pix:

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Julie - I was just thinking about what a difference a year makes...and logging on to blog about that myself. We are a long way from where we were a year ago...and that's a wonderful thing!

Here's to "leaps of faith" - and especially to our daughters!

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

What a difference a year makes... How far we've come, and how quick it seems. Before you know it, Lia will be here... And so it will be!

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Your right girlie...a year makes an incredible difference. I'm leaping with you!

Love, OLM

Abby's Mom said...

Very cute stuff! Thank you for your warm wishes :)