Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving


This Thanksgiving I am giving "Top 10" thanks for (in no particular order):

1. The fact that I was accepted into the singles adoption program last December.
2. That I was able to complete my dossier before the May 1 deadline.
3. For my family - with whom I spent a TERRIFIC long weekend at the beach!
4. My friends who continue to support me thru the ups and downs of the adoption process.
5. All my new "cyber friends" that I met through this blog this year!
6. Old friends I've reconnected with in 2007.
7. Steve and his dog Killer, for coming into mine and Luna's lives :)
8. My team of colleagues who together succeeded in opening a brand new hospital this year.
9. My continued health and financial stability.
10. My daughter Lia, who may now just be a tiny spirit, but who keeps me focused on being positive and keeping the dream alive - even through the long wait ahead!

Today we will host a small Thanksgiving dinner with Steve's mom and brother. I will leave you with a few more pics from the beach trip:

My sister, my dad and I...(love this pic! Steve is such a great photographer...)


The view from the deck at the beach house where we stayed (gorgeous!)


Me - ladybug crocs in hand - walking on the beach. Can I go back now?


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

6 comments:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Happy T-Giving OLM. I am so grateful for our Lia's...one day we will meet with them and say "remember when".
God blessing...and enjoy your wonderful day!
Love, OLM...aka Wendi

Laurie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Julie!

I agree- getting our slots and getting to WAIT for our girls is definitely on my top ten of things to be grateful for this year!

~Kristen said...

Happy Turkey Day Julie!!!!

Beth and Shayna said...

What a great list. I love the pics and I hope you had a great T day.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I see you live in Colorado... my hubby and I were there recently for a few days (it was the first time there) we loved it and stayed in Georgetown, Manitou (?) Springs - usual tourist things. We want to go there again... take care...

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm ready to go back to the beach, take long walks, play with the dogs, eat - repeat... I had the best time with you and your family, and look forward to doing it again!
Love Steve, and Killer says Woof, Woof, Woof!