Saturday, December 15, 2007

More Baby "Booty"

When I went to Seattle two weeks ago for my uncle's big bash, my mom told me ahead of time, "bring an extra suitcase, I've bought some things for you to take back - for Lia". So I took a small suitcase and a large suitcase figuring that would be enough space for everything, after all - I was bringing my uncle a present for his birthday, and a few other small items for my folks, and I wouldn't be taking those back to Colorado, so I would have some extra room...

Well...let's just say it was good that I only packed two outfits and was able to stuff all my personal belongings into the small suitcase - because the large suitcase was CLEARLY needed:


THANKS MOM
(and Jenn and Tracy who also contributed to this collection of baby "booty" - lol.)

In other news, today I attended my third (in a series of three) required classes at CCAI. The subject was Grief & Loss in Adoption. It is a tough and emotional topic to take on two weeks before Christmas. The teacher actually said "Wow - you people got up at 7 am on a Saturday, in the freezing cold to come to a class on Grief & Loss two weeks before Xmas - you MUST be committed!" It's true. The class was really good though. We got to hear lots of first-hand stories from adoptive parents who have BTDT - and I met some really great fellow adoptive parents-to-be. I also had my first "real life" encounter from one of my "virtual" friends from blogland (and member of my LID chat group) Maia and Mike from Flynn Story were at the class. It was so nice to finally meet them (in person) as well! Unfortunately, Steve wasn't able to attend the class with me - he has still been fighting off a terrible cold - so I let him sleep in.

Tomorrow I plan to lay low and catch up on some things around the house. Then I just need to endure one more week of work until I am OFF until Jan. 2 - whoo hoo! Can't wait for some downtime that does not involve packing or airports...

3 comments:

kitchu said...

I so wish our CCAI office here in Fl offered these classes. And I'm so jealous you guys got to meet!
I want to meet you so badly and Maia and Mike as well- they are such great people!

junglemama said...

Wow! It looks like you are set to go.

Anonymous said...

SO glad you enjoyed your stuff...it's been fun shopping for Lia.
I've got a little something else that's on it's way to you and should be there in time for Christmas!! This time it's for another member of the family....
: )
Great to see you in Seattle...Tracy and I need to make another trip out to Denver - had so much fun!