Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

Time for my weekly check in...seems like I am lucky to write one post per week these days...life is just so busy!
A lot going on within my family and at work also...some good things as well as some challenges, but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude (because, really what is the point of getting cranky, depressed, or focusing on the negative? That's just more energy NOT well spent).
So here we go with the update (and pix):



...Hello from our Yorkie Killer by the way...

On Friday, Steve traded in the Solstice convertible (boo!) but after a lot of discussion and consideration, we realized it was a really "fun" car, but with no backseat it wasn't very practical, and for Steve at 5'10" it was not very comfortable to get in and out of, or sit in for very long...so he traded it in and got a used Acura TL sedan, which is comfy and cuts his monthly insurance payment in half...


Then on Sunday we hosted my family for a Father's Day BBQ celebrating my dad and Uncle Ray. As many of you know, my dad suffered a heart attack earlier this year and he has recovered amazingly! He has really stuck to his heart-healthy diet and cardiac rehab exercise routine (so much he has lost nearly 20 lbs since February) He looks and feels great! That's him in the middle enjoying some Seattle sun with my aunt (his sister) and uncle:


In REAL news...Steve and I actually took a photo together this weekend that we BOTH like (a rare occurrence...) so I thought I would share...

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Great picture of Killer... nice car... and so happy to hear your Dad is doing so well! And LOVE the photo of you and Steve - you look very happy! I miss our gossip sessions and/or meaningful conversations at Pearl Plaza!!

Kristy said...

And it is a great picture!!

Beth and Shayna said...

Love the picture of you and Steve, way too cute! Love the car too. I am glad your dad is doing so well and how cool this year, you got to host the BBQ.