Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wizards of Bras!

As many of you know, my younger sister, Tracy is currently battling breast cancer. She is 33, and was diagnosed in June and is now in the middle of radiation and chemo treatments.

Ironically, she and two of her girlfriends had already signed up to do Seattle's Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer last November. In fact, Tracy, Jen, and Kim all did the 3-Day walk back in 2006 and had an amazing experience, and were all onboard to do it again long before Tracy's diagnosis. So coming up in September, they will walk 60 miles over three days!
Today they held an all day fundraiser to raise money for team. Each member must raise at least $2200 to participate. They have again named their team - Team "Wizards of Bras" :) Not only did they get some press out of the gig, but they also had two local businesses offer to donate part of their proceed from the day to their cause. Very cool. I'm so proud of my sister and her terrific friends!
Just a reminder to all my bloggy friends, don't forget to FEEL YOUR BOOBIES! :)




Kim, Jen & Tracy





6 comments:

kitchu said...

That is SO awesome... so awesome. I am seriously inspired. I have to say being in this field (oncology nursing) I am blown away by the strength of those battling cancer. I didn't remember she was dx w/ breast cancer. It looks like she's doing really well!

Beth and Shayna said...

I love the name, wizard of the bras, too cute! I am glad your sister and her friends are continuing to support the Komen foundation, now more than ever! I will have to remind you of buddy check 9 day since you no longer live in Denver!

Betsy said...

Awesome!

And I love the t-shirts :-)

OH MY #6 said...

fantastic.

Lea
xo

Megan in Denver said...

I'm SO sorry you have been sick. What a bummer. Hope you are feeling better. :)

Special K said...

What an inspiring group! Wishing Tracy the best in her battle.