Sunday, November 09, 2008

Pretty in Pink

A couple of weekends ago, my family got together for a "bowling day" at a local bowling alley. My Uncle Dave (who has Down syndrome and lives w/my parents) is an AVID bowler...he goes bowling almost every Saturday with a group of disabled adults - and they always have a blast - so my cousin KC and I decided that for our October get-together, rather than sit around and chat and eat (as usual), we would try an "activity" and go bowling together...and THEN eat (of course!). :)

Anyway - long intro aside - here is a pic of me and my grandma from bowling day:

Grandma just finished up chemo in September and is doing well! She said she hadn't been bowling in "at least 40 years!"...bless her heart for coming to the loud and obnoxious bowling alley where the rock music was pumping and her thirtysomething-year-old grandchildren were acting super GOOFY. It was a really fun day!

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

You two look beautiful together. Good for your grandma hitting the lanes!

Betsy said...

Bless her heart! You sound like a good Southern girl. LOL.

Great photo and great memories! I bet she had a great time watching you guys act crazy.

Tracy Dart said...

This is cute of you two! Glad I was able to snap a couple photo's before my camera died. Yeah - not all of her grandchildren were acting goofy...just YOU! NO DANCING JULIE! And no "granny"style bowling! Ha ha!

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Yea, wheres the ACTION shots we took of you miss thang?

XOIXOXOX

Great picture of you two girls!

Good times indeed, from STEVE THE WARRIOR KING OF BOWLING! lololo

Beth and Shayna said...

What fun, bowling with grandma! I am so glad you got to spend such a great day together.