Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cancel that last post...it can stop now...

Okay, it's officially reached "ridiculous" snow amounts now. Two feet in my backyard. This reminds me of December 2006 in Colorado. Ugh. Apparently, this is a new record for snowfall in a 24 hour period in Spokane. Of course. Lovely.



Don't get me wrong, it's very pretty. I can appreciate that. But when I was trying to help Steve dig out the Subaru at 5 am this morning, (to no avail - his boss had to come get him) - it was pretty ugly. Also, both of our little dogs need a "plot" shoveled for them to do their business. Two feet of snow is horrifying for them. Luna only stands about 18 inches tall, and poor little Killer is only 10 or 12 inches tall. To them, this is an avalanche!

This is the view of our backyard/alley area. Yikes.

The entire city is shut down. Even cities like Spokane and Denver have to shut down when there is THIS much snow. The plows can't keep up.
...oh, and by the way...it's still snowing!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I heard that chains were required to go up the South Hill!

I do feel your pain. I've been there. The trick is to go out and start the car. Then go back inside and grab breakfast. Then start shoveling the drive way (or make friends with neighbor who has a snow-blower). Go back inside to have a cup of hot coffee and warm up. Take a shower and get dressed. Notice - do not turn off car during this time.

By the time you're ready to go to work, the car is all warmed up and ready to go!

Margaret M said...

Wow! Beautiful but I can't imagine trying to live with that much snow. Hope it melts soon for you!

Jeff and Valerie said...

How sweet of you to take the snow with you! Colorado does miss you though.