Monday, December 15, 2008

Cookie Time!

Yesterday I was craving some favorite Christmas cookies from my childhood. I tried describing them to Steve and he wasn't familiar with what I was talking about. So off to Google I went. You can always depend on good 'ole Betty Crocker online for these types of things...

Do these ring a bell with any of you?


I cheated a little bit and bought a huge lump of sugar cookie dough from the grocery store deli. Got home, divided it in half and added the color and flavoring...it still took about two hours to roll and twist them all out!


I made enough to take a few to our next door neighbors, and for Steve to take a big batch of them to work for his staff today - and still have quite a few for us the next couple of weeks. It truly was so domestic of me. I was proud of myself!


8 comments:

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

anytime you wanna get all domestic on me, go for it! YUMMY GOOD FUN!
XoXoX

Margaret M said...

Those look great!!! Enjoy!

Betsy said...

Yum!!! Very impressed with your cooking skills. Now I'm craving cookies too (or M&Ms will work). ha ha

BTW, what's up with that cold weather? I see that Denver was frigid too. Brrrrr!

Anonymous said...

These TOTALLY take me back...my mom always used to make these...
Fun!!!

Megan in Denver said...

gorgeous....truly gorgeous!

Tracy Dart said...

Super Cute! Nice work Martha - oops I mean Jules! Ha ha!

kitchu said...

you need my address?? yummo, box some up and send some my way!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Those look fantastic. Must make some!!!!