Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Some more pictures...

Yesterday we got about 5 more inches of snow. Just enough to high-center the Subaru again as Steve backed out of the driveway. Thankfully, our neighbors Bob and Linda were out with their snowblower, and offered to let Steve borrow it to clear our driveway a bit. Hooray for nice neighbors! I watched from the sunroom as Steve had a little bit too much fun with the snowblower:



The neighbors also said we could borrow it anytime we need it - YAY! Because it looks like we may be needing it quite a bit this winter if this past week has been any indication...

So we were happily out of our driveway and on our way about town. Once we are out of our driveway and our alley, we are good to go. The city has done an AMAZING job of clearing the streets (even the side streets) very quickly and thoroughly each time it snows. The 21 inches we got in Denver a couple years ago made some side streets impassable for weeks...and boy were people upset with the Mayor and the city. So I was very pleased to see that Spokane was really on top of it...especially when they are not used to this type of heavy snowfall all at once like this!

All bundled up and ready to get out of the house!

6 comments:

Tracy Dart said...

Cute photo's! I dug out this morning as well. Not nearly as much as you guys - but all I had was a broom and a dust pan to get 12 inches of snow off my car. LOL! I'm sure I was a sight...

Jenna said...

wow... Denver must have really sucked for you to say that the city did a good job.

Megan in Denver said...

I know it's mean...but this whole thing is still making me laugh!!!

Margaret M said...

The pictures are AMAZING! Being from the South, I just can't even imagine that much snow at one time. I bet it is gorgeous. No dreaming of a white Christmas for you. So glad you were able to get out and enjoy the day!!! Happy Christmas EVE!

~Kristen said...

Merry Christmas Julie & Steve!!!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday... glad you made it out from under all that snow!!

Kristy said...

WOW!!!! THAT IS ALOT OF SNOW!!! It sure is pretty!!
Love, Kristy