Monday, February 23, 2009

Surprise Flowers

Steve surprised me on Friday night with a mini red rosebush. He said it was a late Valentine's Day gift...and something to add to our garden (once the snow finally melts). So my challenge now is to keep it alive until it is planting season.

I decided to take an up-close photo of one of the blooms, and discovered I had also captured our new living room artwork (a.k.a. Buddha) in the background. Look at me taking the "artsy" photos:


In other news, my sister is back to chemo so check our her blog and send some extra love her way this week. Also, my friend Megan has jumped on the blogger train this week with all sorts of product insights to share. Things at work are a bit nuts this week as I try to wrap up a project I've been working on for nearly a YEAR. Wish me luck... :)

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Lovely flower and nice photo, my artsy friend! Good luck with work and the website this week... hope it all goes smoothly!!

Beth and Shayna said...

Wow, awesome picture, great job!

Kristy said...

That is a beautiful rose bush, just always remember roses do not like to go to sleep at night with their pedals wet, and the less you fuss over them , the better they do. My Grandma had over one hundred rose bushes and some of them were over 30 years old and that was always her Rose Advice.

Love, Kristy