Monday, August 17, 2009

A lot going on...but not a lot going on...

Does that make sense? I'm feeling overwhelmed. Lots of stuff going on...but really nothing interesting to report here. Just tackling one project at a time. This weekend we were over in Seattle for my company's picnic, which was fun. Of course we also packed in back-to-back visits with all my family members while over there. Adding in the four-hour drive there and back (each way) and you've got a fairly action-packed weekend! And now here I am back at the new house. Which currently is a MESS. Not fun to come home to complete disarray - UGH. Here's a photo of my office:


...and here's one from the kitchen/dining area:



Can you tell the difference? Not really? Neither can I. That's the problem...and I'm surrounded by this...

I know it will get there eventually. I want to enjoy this house more, but right now it is somewhat out of control. I'm also trying to get into my routine of going to the gym 2-3 times/weeks again for Aqua Sport class. So far in the past two weeks I've made it four time...baby steps.

Also trying to get started on renewing my USCIS (immigration) paperwork for the adoption - which by itself could be a full time job with all the new hoops and bureaucracy that is involved.

On a positive note - we did fit in a quick trip to IKEA over the weekend in Seattle. We went in looking for a desk for Steve, and possible some framed artwork for the house...but I fell IN LOVE with this little girl's room they had mocked up:

Isn't it cute? The way it is designed reminds me of what it would be like to live inside a cartoon like Kai Lan or Dora...very anime-ish...but adorable - and very reasonably priced! I love IKEA.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Good luck with all of the organizing, and that little girl room is just too darn cute!!!!

Love, Kristy

Beth and Shayna said...

Way cute, not your boxes, the little girls room!

Mommy Spice said...

Ooooh, I love IKEA too. I am thinking about a new room for Spicy Girl!! Such cute stuff.

Unknown said...

oh it is adorable!

kitchu said...

are you an anime fan??? it's adorable!! i wish we had an IKEA here!!

good luck with all the organizing- boxes are no fun~!