Thursday, December 10, 2009

32 months...and Fingerprinting...again!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Today marks 32 months that my dossier has been logged in with the government in China. How many more to go? It's hard to say. My agency says to expect up to 12-18 additional months... But God willing, 2010 is going to be the year...finally. So SEE YA 2009! This will be the fourth Christmas that has passed since I applied to adopt. Four years! Who knew? Hopefully by next Christmas, I'll at least have a photo of Lia. Fingers crossed. This time of year is difficult for many of us in the adoption community. We watch others as they go from Halloween, to Thanksgiving, to Christmas celebrating with their little ones and experiencing each holiday thru the eyes of their children. For those of us who continue to wait - we are happy for our friends and family - but it is also bittersweet.


The good news, is that I received my fingerprinting appointment notice from Homeland Security yesterday - whoo hoo! I know, not many folks would celebrate being invited to get fingerprinted by the federal government as a holiday "wish". But for me, it means that paperwork continues to move forward (at least on the U.S. side) and my immigration paperwork will be ready and up-to-date whenever my match finally arrives! So next week I will head down to the federal building at the appointed hour and have them scan all my fingers into their fancy computer...
...AGAIN.


4 comments:

Tracy Dart said...

The idea that we might know what Lia looks like next Christmas makes me all giddy - and is ready for 2010! I feel like 2010 is going to be a good year for our family! You have been so patient - you are inspiring! Go get those Christmas fingerprints!!! ;-)

Laurie said...

Every single day of the last few weeks, I have remembered how hard this season a year ago was. Thinking of you, and hoping we see Lia in 2010!

kitchu said...

every milestone counts, even the ones you have to repeat! PRAYING that 2010 is your year!!!

Kim said...

Happy 32.. I am saying 2010 also. .but have said that for the last 2 years..
So bring on our girls.. and we have to get our new fingerprints in a FEb..
YEA..
Happy Holidays...