Wednesday, March 10, 2010

35 Months

Today marks 35 months since my dossier was logged in (LID) in China...and tomorrow will mark 4 months that I've been logged in with the Waiting Child program at my agency. Children continue to be matched (a lot of little boys!) and I continue to wait my turn...so not much new to report in my world.

I was so pleased to see Sandra Bullock win the Oscar for Best Actress this week. "Blind Side" was definitely one of my favorite movies of the past year. If you have not seen this movie - GO. It's not a "chick flick" or a "football movie"...it's a movie for everyone. Between this movie, and the earthquake in Haiti, the agency where I work has seen more and more people opening their hearts to adoption in recent months. February was the biggest month for new applications that we've seen in almost a year (and it was a short month) - good news for children everywhere who are living without families!

My friend Bonnie is in China and has her little NiNi now. Our agency is trying to get them back to the U.S. as soon as possible so NiNi can get the heart surgery she so desperately needs. Please keep them in your prayers in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

kitchu said...

I saw an update on Bonnie on our yahoo board. I pray they get them home soon.

Here's to 35. And 4 months since turning in your MCC. I remember counting those months too!