Thursday, April 01, 2010

April Ramblings...

I guess pretending that I had received a referral and then going "Ha, ha - APRIL FOOLS" wouldn't really be funny. Not to me anyway. We are, after all, approaching the 3-Year mark from my LID (log in date). But that's a post for another day...

Yesterday Steve and I saw this pick-up truck in a parking lot, very artfully decorated for a little girl's 9th birthday. It was so cute I had to take a picture. What cool parents she has!  The passenger side says "See this face - this is the face of a happy nine year old" and the driver's side says "See this face - her dad feels old (so does her mom!)... Then I had to wonder if her parents are even 30 years old?  I see a lot of very young parents in and around Spokane.

Month three on our "lifestyle change" has wrapped up. At my lowest weight this month (about a week ago) I was down 20 lbs total. Right now I am hovering around 18 lbs. down. Steve is down a total of 29 lbs. Two weeks ago, we went to the Indigo Girls concert and I was able to wear a pair of jeans I hadn't worn since 2006. In fact, most of the jeans and pants I own are too big for me now. Thank goodness for belts. I don't really want to shop for new pants yet, as I am still working toward my goal weight. I am lucky because I tend to both gain and lose weight fairly evenly all over my body, so people tend not to notice changes in my physique - positive or negative - very often (or at least they don't comment on it out loud). But that becomes a bummer when people are really noticing the weight loss of those around you (i.e. STEVE) and not saying anything to you...finally last night our friend Jared (who hadn't seen us in about a month) mentioned that he could see the weight loss in our faces - plural - as in BOTH of us - HOORAY.

Meanwhile, I have been making some more friends at my aqua sport class. The teacher is great. She incorporates a lot of cross-training - running, swimming, and core-work into our 1 hr sessions and makes it fun with great music.
ALL GOOD.   :)

1 comment:

kitchu said...

congrats to you both on the weight loss! i was so thin (ok, thin is pushing it, but at a normal weight) the last 1.5 years, and then China happened. since coming HOME i've gained 25 pounds!!! i'm 5"2'~! cannot afford this level of maximum density. yes, i weigh more right now than i ever have in my life.

sadly, i "carry my weight well" so when i lose, no one notices either (unless you compare 2 pics or something).

you've inspired me!