Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

On Thursday we got up early and headed west to Seattle to visit my parents for the holiday weekend. I was excited because this was the first time my grandma, and my aunt, uncle and cousin Adam would get to meet Lia. However, we weren't sure how Lia would do, since she loves her routine at home, and this would be the first overnight trip we'd taken since bringing her home from China.

As it turned out, Lia had a great time checking out grandma and grandpa's house on the island. She ended up sleeping through both ferry rides, so I can't say she's "experienced" that yet, but she loved looking at the boats in the marina across the street from my folks' house, especially at night when some of the boats were lit up with Christmas lights.


She loved my mom's Christmas tree (since my mom was brave and had all her ornaments within reach of 2 year old hands!)




On Christmas Eve she wore her new Mickey Mouse PJ's that she got from her Grandma W. (and mama wore her matching Mickey pants!)



Christmas morning she got the hang of the "present" thing pretty quickly, and my what an amazing plethora of gifts she received!  Santa even brought her a place to "hide" from all the paparazzi (a.k.a. - relatives) - a Disney Princess Play Tent!  So she was a happy little girl.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wishing Lia & her forever family a very happy holiday season.

Debbie Sauer said...

Precious little girl, glad she had such a great Christmas. Blessings