Friday, December 10, 2010

Starfish Foster Home Alumni Video

Shortly after I received my referral for Lia last April, I was thrilled to find out that she was living at the Starfish Foster Home in Xi'an. I had heard stories about how well cared for and loved the babies from Starfish were. As I waited four months to travel while our paperwork processed, I heard from several Starfish volunteers, and parents of other Starfish babies, who told me about my girl and forwarded me pictures of her on a regular basis. It was truly a blessing I never expected in this process.

When we received Lia in August, we also received CDs filled with literally thousands of photos documenting every month she was at Starfish from Nov. '08 to Aug. '10. Thanks to volunteers and donors, we also recently received a beautiful lifebook filled with pictures and anecdotes about Lia's early life at Starfish. This is information that most adoptive families never have the opportunity to receive about their children. I am so, so thankful to Starfish and plan to do anything I can to help them continue their wonderful work on behalf of medically-fragile Chinese orphans.

One of the other Starfish moms created the video below to spotlight the great work Starfish is doing, and to show the difference they have made in the lives of each of these babies - one by one... The "before and after" photos are amazing - Lia (formerly named Sophia at the foster home) is featured around 3:12. If I could ask people to donate to just ONE charity this holiday season, it is this one! Be sure to turn off the music player at the bottom of the page before clicking on the video - ENJOY:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so happy that I did the DVD about Lia (Sophia)'s pics and videos.