Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Six Months My Love...

Such a busy week. Today Lia has been with us six months. Hard to believe time has passed so quickly, but then again, she seems like she's been with us forever.

Sandwiched between Valentine's Day and the Chinese New Year Lantern Festival, we have our six-month post-placement visit with our social worker. This week I had to send her all of the pre-placement child profile information we received about Lia from our agency. It was so strange reading through it all again.

To think that this premature infant that I read about, who was literally starving due to her cleft lip and palate, could be the same child that I see flying through our kitchen with a smile on her face today...leaves me speechless.

I wish I could tell her birthmother that not only did her baby girl survive, but she is thriving! She is so loved.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy, happy, happy tears!

kitchu said...

i got so choked up reading this and looking at that beautiful, happy smile of hers. like you, i have those same wishes and was just saying the same to my sister. what i'd give to be able to find her parents, to let them know their daughter is THRIVING, who they no doubt believed would probably die...

and how much i wish E could have the chance to grow up having a relationship with her first parents... so many things...

strange, this thing called international adoption.

i digress. here's to 6 months as a family. it's amazing isn't it?