Wednesday, December 27, 2006

In Seattle...

I'm currently in Seattle visiting my family for the holidays. Sadly, because of the big snowstorm in Denver, I was unable to get moved into my new place before I left for Seattle - so guess what I will be doing New Year's Eve??? Oh well, at least my place is all packed up and ready to move when I get back. I just hate the whole concept of going back to clean my old apartment on New Year's Day. New Year's should mark new beginnings, not cleaning up old messes...aaaahhh the symbolism and analogies THAT represents!

Got my dossier guide from CCAI yesterday. Looks like I am well on my way with the required documents and paperwork I'm needing to gather. I'm sure I'll learn more at orientation on the 5th. When you look at the guide, it can be overwhelming, but I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time and remember "slow and steady wins the race"...well, okay - maybe not "slow" in this case - but maybe "focused and steady - if a little bit rushed" :)

Christmas was great with the fam. Lots of support from my parents, grandparents and other relatives. We watched the CCAI DVD together. We all cried (happy tears). It's been a blast hanging out with my sister and catching up with old friends - at least those I could fit into the schedule. I wish it wasn't so rushed when I visit. It's hard to schedule everyone in. But nice to know that people WANT to see me and spend time with me when I am here.

I've been here four days now and I'm starting to miss Denver. It's home to me now. It's so dark and gloomy this time of year in Seattle. I miss the sunshine (and the glare of all that snow!) and I'm anxious to get my new place set up and start out 2007 with a refreshed sense of hope and optimism.

5 comments:

kitchu said...

Hey Julie!
I have been missing seeing posts from you... glad you are enjoying time with your family and friends!
Here's to a great New Year!
Kris

Beth and Shayna said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful holiday with your family and got to see your friends. I am sure you heard, but it snowing like crazy here again. I hope you are able to get home. I am sure Luna misses you.

Oh, if you want another good tear jerking movie, rent the documentary with Lisa Ling from National Geographic called Chinas Lost Girls. They went with a family for gotcha and they were in Jiangxi, same as Shayna. I was crying so hard when I watched it, but it was right after we returned from China.

Anyway, safe travels.

kitchu said...

That DVD suggestion is the best!! I can't count the number of times I've watched it, truly amazing...
Kris

~Kristen said...

Happy New Year Julie..

Hope the move goes well!!

Calico Sky said...

I found your blog from Kristen's. Happy New Year, I wish you a good year of adoption news.