Monday, January 29, 2007

Rest in Peace...





My grandpa passed away on Friday evening. I am sad, but it is also a blessing in that he didn't suffer and he died in his sleep at a wonderful, caring hospice center.


This is a photo of him with my father, my sister and I at my dad's 60th birthday party last August. It is the last photo I have of him. He will be missed, but never forgotten. Someday I will tell Lia about her great grandpa Irwin and what a wonderful man he was.




















4 comments:

~Kristen said...

My condolences to you and your family.

kitchu said...

Julie,
I hope all of your memories of your grandfather give you a lasting peace. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless you and your family,
Kris
and what a wonderful "last" photo

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you and the family. If it brings you a sense of more comfort, being there on Friday afternoon was SUCH a blessing. He was truly at peace and that brought a great sense of relief to me.

I also have such a feeling of JOY that I was able to join your family at the b-day celebration last August. Those family pictures are treasured now more than ever -- I'll be praying for you all and if you need to talk or anything just call.

Beth and Shayna said...

My thoughts have been with you sweetie. Take it one day at a time. Lia will love to hear the wonderful stories you have of him and see that beautiful picture.