Thursday, January 25, 2007

Moving Forward

Another week has passed - and things continue to move along. I finished up my homestudies yesterday and Pam is putting the reports together now. I also received my fingerprint invitation from Immigration - so as soon as my homestudy report is in to CCAI, I can go get fingerprinted and move that paperwork along. I rec'd my certified documents back from the WA Secretary of State, so now those have been forwarded on to the Embassy in San Francisco for authentication...I have all my paperwork compiled so I can move forward with certifying all the CO documents with our Secretary of State. I am lucky that I literally work four blocks from the CO State Capitol, and I am over there all the time during the legislative session, so it shouldn't be a big deal to walk in and get that all done and get all those documents off to Chicago for authentication. Then I just need to wait for the famous 171H (immigration approval) - I'm inching forward with all this paperwork. It's tedious and stressful, but I know it will all be worth it!

Grandpa update - he is still hanging on in hospice. Things are kind of day-today right now. I'm awaiting the phone call of his passing. My prayers are for him to rest in peace. Thanks to everyone for your words of support and sympathy. I really appreciate it! It's hard being the sole family member living out-of-state and being so far away from everyone during times like these.

I'm hoping to get some pictures taken at my new place this weekend, so hopefully will be able to post for folks next week! (also, some of the cute gifts and items being collected for Lia's future nursery!) Coming soon!

2 comments:

Beth and Shayna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Kristen said...

Keeping your family in my thoughts....
Keep that paperwork moving right along.. almost there!!