Thursday, January 18, 2007

Keeping on...

Hey everybody, I know it's been awhile. My life has been so chaotic lately. I've had little computer time (other than at work!)

The good news is - I had my first homestudy meeting with my SW, Pam yesterday. We had great conversation and I felt really good about her and everything moving forward. I didn't go overboard cleaning since I just moved into my place over the New Year...and quite honestly still have a lot of boxes and pictures and things still waiting to be unpacked and hung. But she was very cool about all that. I sent WA state documents off to the Sec of State there for certification this week. Still waiting on my fingerprint invitation from USCIS...checking the mail every day - they said it could be six weeks - and it's only been about a month since I mailed it off, so I am trying to be patient. All my other CO paperwork is coming together...

The bad news is, my grandpa has been very ill since last week. He suffered a series of strokes and has been in the hospital since last Friday. Granted, he is a man in his 80's who has led a wonderful long life - but it is still sad - especially for my grandma, who has been his life partner for 62 years! He is on a feeding tube now. We all know he would not want to be kept alive by tubes and machines, so the family has asked the doctors to go to any heroic measures, but instead to just keep him as comfortable as possible. This is a very tough time for my dad and really all my family out in Seattle and I feel pretty disconnected here in Colorado - but ultimately there is little I can do but say prayers and know that whatever happens is ultimately God's plan. Ugh - tough times!

5 comments:

kitchu said...

Wow... my heart is saddened with yours... I hope he knows only peace for all the days of his life, how ever many they may be.

And congrats on a good start on the homestudy... it's a great feeling to be doing something!
All the best to you and your family, I will remember you in my prayers.
Kris

Beth and Shayna said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry about your grandfather. It is never easy for anyone. I am thinking of you and your family.

I am so glad your homestudy went well. It is funny the things you stress about never come up and the things you never thought about are the ones that do come up.

I am hosting playgroup at my house tomorrow. I cannot wait for you to join in.

K. said...

I'll be keeping your grandpa in my prayers.

redmaryjanes said...

I am so sorry about your Grandfather. I wish peace for you and your family-him as well.

I'm glad that your homestudy is going well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie....I'm SOOOO sorry about your grandpa...he's like my own and I'm really sad about all this. It sounds like the Hospice place he is at is just wonderful. I was hoping to go today to visit with your grandma but I'm fighting the major CRUD.

Hang in there and the best thing we can all do is PRAY -- pray for peace for you and the family...pray for comfort for your grandpa and grandma and pray that God will speak to him and your grandma during this time and keep them in his care.

Love to you guys and I'm thinkin' about ya.

- Jenn.