Thursday, March 22, 2007

Update

Hi everybody, sorry it's taken me so long to write since my last post - needless to say, things have been BUSY!

I ran around getting my I171-H notarized and certified and then sent it off to the courier in Chicago for authentication - and finally received it back from Chicago on Tuesday and delivered it to CCAI yesterday. So my dossier is now in translation and will hopefully be DTC (Dossier to China) next week! I will post again when I know for sure.

In the meantime, has everyone seen the April issue of "O" (Oprah) Magazine? There are several articles on adoption this month and one in particular by a woman who adopted two daughters from China. It is a GREAT article - (and has very cute pictures!) - talking about the top things NEVER to ask an adopted child. Basically from the point of view of an interracial family who has strangers walking up to them and asking random (and sometimes rude) questions all the time. Very well written. I think it's a "must own" issue for everyone going through this process.

Thanks for everyone's support over the past few stressful weeks. It brightens my day to see people's comments and know that I am not alone on this journey!

5 comments:

Beth and Shayna said...

Thanks for the update, I have been thinking of you. I cannot wait to hear of your DTC! Things are getting exciting for you. Yippee!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Congrats on getting everything done. Wow! What a great feeling.

Jenna said...

Congrats! Great job!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Woohoo! Good for you! Now you can take a breath.

kitchu said...

Yea your almost there!! I am going to hunt down that mag tomorrow... hope it's still out!