Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Simply Awesome


Back today from our WONDERFUL vacation up in the mountains. We stayed in what I am pretty sure is the cutest log cabin ever built. It was nestled up in the pine trees and along an amazing stream. There is nothing better than falling asleep and waking up to nothing but the sound of the stream and the birds! I seriously believe it was THE most relaxing vacation I have ever taken. No schedules to meet, no rules to obey. Just taking nature walks, reading, eating great food, building fires in the wood stove and watching movies in the evenings - yes, there was a DVD player in the cabin. (by the way, if you haven't seen the movie "Freedom Writers" - I highly recommend it).

Luna and Killer totally loved the outdoors and would've been a lot more adventurous if we had allowed them to be. We took them on some walks (on leashes) but for the most part kept them close to us on the deck. I'm sure it wouldn't take a very large animal to walk off with 8 lb. Killer as it's dinner! I will post some addt'l photos of them checking out the area after I get them downloaded. We took tons of photos, but I'm not up for posting them all right now.

Tomorrow it's back to work for me. Somehow it's a lot easier to face the office after five days of decompression - and knowing there is only two days left until the weekend again. Why can't every work week be only two days? LOL.

I realized tonight when I logged in that Sunday was my two month "LID-versary". Another month down - and one month closer to Lia!

13 comments:

C's Mom said...

Glad you had a great time away...welcome home and congrats on two months behind you.

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Congrats on the 2 months down, Ahh how time fly's like an arrow, fruit flies like Strawberries... : )

redmaryjanes said...

That place is darling! Congrats on 2 months!!

crazylady said...

Do you have to poo in the woods?

Julie and Steve said...

No - haha, I'm VERY happy to report that our cute little cabin a very recently remodeled INDOOR bathroom - complete with a jet tub! (now that's what I call "roughing it"!) LOL.

Mom 2 six said...

Happy 2 months down !!

cougchick said...

just checking out your blog and I see some of my peeps are your commenters as well. I regularly visit most of these folks. Super cool!

~Kristen said...

Wow... I long for that kind of peacefulness... Glad to hear it was so wonderful.

Thanks for the comment on my blog... It's good to know I'm not the only one left out there who finds comfort in a landlord!!! LOL

Beth and Shayna said...

It looks like you went to a cute little place. I am so glad you all had fun. Luna and Killer included! Happy 2 months.

Kim said...

Congrats on 2 months!!
Glad you had a great little vacation! Always helps to decompress!
I'm glad other people have quite APC. I thought it might be just me but apparently it isn't!!
I got your squish!! Very cute!!Thanks so much!! I have, unfortunely, misplaced (ok, I deleted it from my email) your address. Please email me your address so I can send you and Lia a squish.

Cheers,
Kim Y
LID 3/29/07 for Megan Jean

kitchu said...

Your vacation sounds similar to mine (minus monks and praying/chanting a lot)! Glad it was so relaxing, HAPPY TWO!!, and welcome to the weekend!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Fabulous!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great time was had by all, Im jealous!