Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our Brush with Celebrity Greatness...



On Friday night, Steve and I saw Bob Saget (yes, the one and only "Danny Tanner" from Full House) - perform his stand-up routine at the Paramount Theater in Denver. Thanks to Steve's radio connections we were able to go backstage after the show and meet Bob.

For those who haven't seen Bob's stand-up show - this is NOT the man you saw as Danny Tanner (or the host of America's Funniest Home Videos!) His comedy is very raw, uncensored, and a little bit sick (but hilarious). It's definitely not a show for the meek, mild-mannered, or faint of heart!

Anyway, I was never a fan of "Full House" or "AFV" and after the shocking stand-up routine, I wasn't sure what to expect from Bob in person, I was really hoping he wouldn't be some sort of sarcastic, egomaniac... so I was pleasantly relieved to meet a very polite, kind, humble man. He sincerely thanked us several times for coming to the show and was more than happy to have a photo taken with us. What a cool guy!

11 comments:

crazylady said...

not for the faint of heart? Where do I sign?

Unknown said...

Sounds fun..Uncle Joey from full was a at a comedy club in my college town a few weeks ago!!

kitchu said...

I'm with Sen... where do I buy my ticket?

redmaryjanes said...

Wow! How cool is that? I am surprised to hear that he's raw in his comedy. He looks like such an Opie to me.

Julie and Steve said...

I should have probably mentioned that Bob's 1-hr Comedy Special will air on HBO 8/25 at 10 pm (9 CMT)- you guys can check it out yourselves and let me know what you think! :)

Beth and Shayna said...

Very cool. I have heard him on Alice 105.9 several times and it sounds like he would be great to see in person. Glad you all had a blast!

C's Mom said...

Hard to imagine him as anything other than the goof he was on those shows. Hmmm.....

Jeff and Valerie said...

I bet he is hilarious. He looks too sweet and innocent to be raw, uncensored and sick though. I'll have to remember about the August HBO special.

Is it hot enough here for you? :)

Kim said...

Julie,
How cool!! I'm glad you had a good time.
Thanks for the complement on my purses! The Pink Dragonfly is all yours when your ready! Just let me know.

Cheers,
Kim Y
LID 3/29/07 for Megan Jean

Anonymous said...

Hi J!
It's your Secret Pal here...I just want you to know that I haven't forgotten you this month...I promise to get a pacage out to you this week! I am so sorry for the delay....Check's in the mail!
???

K. said...

looks like fun! he's aging pretty well- he looks like he did on full house!