Saturday, August 25, 2007

Be there...and BE Square...

Aaaaah - cubicles...there's just nothing like the pale brown or gray of a cubicle wall staring you in the face every morning when you get to work, is there? Or the ability to listen in on your cubicle neighbor's personal phones calls - or their hacking and sneezing when they come to work sick. I am talking about GOOD TIMES people!!!

As I've mentioned previously, the hospital where I work is moving to a new location Oct. 1. There is a lot of stress around the office regarding the move (how do you pick up and move 3,500+ employees, hundreds of patients & their families, and TONS of medical equipment seven miles east?) Lots of logistics to deal with surrounding all that.

A couple weekends ago we got to see the main hospital up close - all the wonderful natural light, beautiful artwork and amazing color schemes were just awesome to see! This week we finally got a glimpse of where our new digs will be in the office building across the parking lot. It looks somewhat like this:


You can imagine my absolute JOY upon witnessing this for the first time. I know, I know, the hospital is about providing the patients with a great, healing environment - not the office workers...but REALLY? Does it have to be like THIS? This takes me back to the fond memories of my days as an insurance claims adjuster (circa '97-'03). Not the best of times, really...

I do realize that many, many people all over the world go to work in this type of environment every day and survive it - and so will I. I suppose I've been spoiled the last few years, sharing a private office (yes, with a DOOR even!) with just one colleague. It's back to the cube farm for me. I guess I'd better enjoy the next five weeks of semi-privacy while I have it.

In other news…there is really no other news...what have I been up to? WORKING. Hopefully I will have a little bit of time this weekend to post some more pics of new "Lia stuff" I've received. This little girl is going to be one well-dressed cookie!

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

Wishing you all the best in that cubicle farm. You are more woman than me. Perhaps you can take over an empty patient room...get a rolling cart and move about as needed while you get the job done.

kitchu said...

Dang Julie- sorry you gotta be put out to the cube farm, that kinda bites. Knowing you though, you'll find the positive in it! Hope all else is well!

Jeff and Valerie said...

I am sure you will do some "decorating" to ease the pain of those gray walls.

Julie and Steve said...

Actually, I was at World Market today and scoping out some cool "Asian-themed" items to decorate the cube...maybe some bamboo plants and Chinese symbol art??? My cube will be Feng Shui amongst all the chaos...LOL

redmaryjanes said...

I am in tan cubicle farm myself. Yes tab walls with some shelves for books and photos. Lots of dust because the air vent is above me. Close to the window and coffee maker..I guess that's a plus.