Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baby Blues...and Happy Surprises...

For the past few days, I've been feeling kind of down about the extending wait times and the prospects of seeing Lia before 2010...I know I need to stop visiting certain website and blogs that depress me and just keep myself focused on the prize...there is still a long way to go. Anyway, I posted a little bit about my current state of "baby blues" to one of my Yahoo LID groups yesterday and everyone there was so supportive and I know that they all understand the ups and the downs of this process, because they are going thru it now, and many of them have been thru this before. It's nice to have people who can justify that we all have our hard days during the wait - and that's OK.

When I got home from work last night, Steve said "You got flowers!" - which was a shock. Was it my birthday? No. So I looked at the card. They were from my Yahoo Group Secret Pal. Not sure if she saw my post and KNEW I was having a rough day, or whether it was a coincidence, but it certainly was a lovely (and much appreciated) surprise! They are a beautiful display of pinks and red in a wonderful vase:


So THANKS Secret Pal for thinking of me. It really helped lift my spirits. And thanks to all my Yahoo group friends for the great support system we have in place.

I was also pleasantly surprised yesterday afternoon when my boss called me into the conference room and shut the door (rarely a good thing!) It turns out the hospital has been doing some salary analysis' and my job description/title was approved for a small bump up in pay! Whoo hoo! Again, nothing major - this is a non-profit after all - but every little bit helps, and when added to the bump I received at my annual review in June - it ends up being a nice little raise!

So two happy surprises to end a day that started out pretty rough...not too shabby.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you. Glad you had some happy surprises

Amy
LID 4/23/07

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the flowers at least lifted your spirits...Yes, I did read your post, and since I couldn't physically join your pity party and give you a big hug, I did the next best thing...
Lia will be so blessed with you as her Mommy!
Keep your chin up!

Laurie said...

What a great secret pal! :-) I am glad you are feeling better...we do ALL have those days!

Michelle said...

Two blessings right when you needed them!! How wonderful!

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Hi the other Lia's momma, when we feel so blue and these nice things happen along side of them, I truly believe it is all to tell you and show you that everything is going to work out the way you planned it. It is all going to be good! Love, Wendi

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, what an amazing secret buddy you have. Bless her heart, she's the best!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Flowers .... bump in pay. What great surprises! Okay these things come in threes. What is next (-;

C's Mom said...

Take the happy when they come! Good for you with those surprises.

kitchu said...

Even when you're having a rough time, your positive spirit always shines through. So glad you had 2 wonderful things to brighten your day!

Anonymous said...

As Julie's mom and Lia's future grandma, I can't tell you how much it means to me to read all the positive comments that are sent from her blog pals. I check the blog almost every day and feel that I know most of you. Thank you for the great words of encouragement.

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

What a nice group of friends, the support and love that I see come to Julie through this is amazing! This positive spirit that you all bring to this adventure is to be admired and cherished. May you find the dreams you desire and with all the abundance you each richly deserve. God Bless You sweet bloggers

~Kristen said...

Tag... your it!!

Check my blog!! SORRY!! ;o)

Kim said...

I know what you mean about the wait "funk". Retail therapy helps...alot! And yes, we must keep our eyes on the prize! Everything happens in its own time for a reason. We just have to keep supporting each other and holding on...
Congrats on the pay raise!!! More money for retail therapy...I mean daycare..hehe!
Thanks for putting a link on your sidebar to Ladybug Kreations!

Cheers,
Kim
LID 3/29/07 for Megan Jean

Ladybug Kreations
lbkreations.blogspot.com