Thursday, August 30, 2007

Can You Help?

Today I am asking you to help out someone you don't know. In fact, I don't even know her personally, just "virtually" from email chat groups and following her blog. Teri is currently a single mom to a 4 yr old daughter from China. Many months ago she applied to bring home a 2nd baby girl -a waiting child with some special needs - to be "mei mei" (Chinese meaning "little sister").

The good news is, she has finally received her travel approval and expects to go to China in two weeks to pick up this special baby! Not so good news...a friend who had promised her $1,000 to help with her final travel costs, orphanage fees, etc. has had to back out last minute due to unforeseen circumstances. So now she is forced to look for donations from anyone who can help - with even as little as $10 or $20 - to help with her costs while in China. Even as little as $5 will buy a decent meal in China!

This is your chance to directly impact three people's lives - a desperate mom, an anxious big sister, and a baby in an orphanage in China. If you are able to help out financially, thank you. If not, maybe you could just say a prayer/light a candle/think good thoughts for her that somehow this will all come together in time for her to leave in two weeks! Goodness knows I am trying to fund my OWN adoption, so I don't have much to give her either - but tomorrow is my payday and I am going to chip in $20...

Her blog and directions on how you can "Chip In" are posted at this site:
http://twolittleladybugs.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lia's grandma has sent what she could to help this mom and her girls. I think it is wonderful that she is taking a special needs child. I will keep them in my prayers that all goes well for them.

Julie and Steve said...

THANKS! I did my "chip in" today. Hopefully everything works out for her in the end... :)

kitchu said...

Julie... i hear you on keeping up, it sucks a lot of time. I try to focus on those I'm closest to and ones from my yahoo groups.

Gambit is doing okay- one vomiting episode so far this week, only food and fur and no blood. We might put him on Prilosec or something.

I can't help your friend right now (can barely make mortgage this month) and I'm so sorry.

Email Marketing Yenta said...

The other Lia's mommy has contributed! Here's to being blessed to be able to help each other.
Love, Wendi