Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Going with the Flow



At church on Sunday, the topic of this week's sermon was "Recovering from Struggle Addiction". The premise being that many, many (perhaps almost ALL?) of us, get into patterns of believing that we must struggle in order to "earn" anything good in our lives - or we falsely believe that God expects us to "suffer" in order to appreciate the gifts of his graciousness...

The theme of this week's talk was to re-evaluate those beliefs, and instead BELIEVE that all things are possible, and that we are deserving of all the wonderful things God gives us, and we can be grateful and lead a less stressful and drama-filled life by putting our trust in those beliefs and in fact, living our lives as if all of our dreams have already come true. The five steps of this process were outlined as:

1. Anchor in Spirit (know that God is the basis for all that exists)
2. Enter the "flow" of Life (instead if constantly battling "upstream")
3. Embrace a Blessing (express gratitude for every moment in life)
4. Nurture your Vision (anything you can envision is possible!)
5. Give "effortless effort" toward achieving your dreams (no need to "force" things)

Don't worry - I'm not going to "go all religious" on you guys...but I am going to try to embrace these ideas and use them as I can to help balance my life and focus my energy over the coming months (and years!) as I wait to be united with my sweet baby Lia. I think these basics translate across "religious" lines, to have meaning for people from all backgrounds and walks of life. Whether you believe in God, Allah, Buddha, Spirit, or any other higher being, I think these same principles apply. Just my opinion...and so it is!

5 comments:

RamblingMother said...

This attitude will serve you well with the wait. I am beginning to see people wanting to jump ship because of the negative attitude while waiting. I hate the wait is so long but your attitude and some other's will be much more rewarded when the time comes. I hope things speed up for you and secretly I am jealous you are waiting as I can't even paperchase to wait now. I know I have Glenys but I wish I was waiting for her sister. Keep hoping and praying. This will end and you will hold your child.

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Being spiritually grounded will only benefit you and those you love including Lia. God is leading you on this path to Lia. It may be long and trying at times, but it will be worth it. You are learning much along the way.

Email Marketing Yenta said...

And so it is my friend, and so it is. Just reading this and saying that make me feel better. Love , other Lia's momma

kitchu said...

I would have to agree, we could all live more fully by focusing on what you've written here... and it speaks to many, many things...

Jeff and Valerie said...

Okay so I am writing these down! Much needed. Thanks.