Thursday, September 06, 2007

Random!

So I have chatted on here before about my car. My beloved, 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon (same car as in the photo, except mine is a different color).

So Tuesday evening, as I pulled up to my house after work, and opened the driver's door to get out, I heard something fall to the ground with a "clink" and roll under my car. My first thought is always that I dropped my cellphone, but this didn't sound like a phone. So I get out and look under the car and I see a large bolt.

Clearly, this bolt had previously led a life holding some piece of my car together, and had decided to make a run for it and a new life for itself...but not so fast mysterious bolt! I picked it up, and took it into the house. I had Steve look at it and he wasn't sure where it was supposed to go either. I tried the power windows and locks, everything seemed to work fine. I drove the car to work yesterday morning and it was running fine. At lunch, I took our department's summer intern to lunch. After lunch, I had had some leftovers which I was going to place in the backseat for the drive back to the office...went over to open the back door and son-of-a-gun...the back door fell off! So obviously, my little runaway bolt had been holding the back door on it's hinge! YIKES! Luckily I caught it before the entire door dropped on my sandal-clad foot...and I was able to shove the door into place for the drive home...eeek...that totally freaked me out! Needless to say, my intern got a good kick out of it!

All's well that ends well though...last night Steve was able to reattach the door and replace the bolt - so we (my Subaru and I) are back in business. But how weird is THAT? Just had to share.


11 comments:

Marcy Dunaway said...

haha! That is hilarious! Glad your piggy toes survived!
Thanks for sharing your optimism this month with the referrals.
Drive Carefully! :)
Marcy

Anonymous said...

This story is laugh out loud funny!! How scary is it that one bolt hold an entire door on???

Beth and Shayna said...

That is so random. I am glad your car and your foot are doing well!

C's Mom said...

A big bolt can NEVER mean good news.

Glad your toes weren't mushed.

Anonymous said...

No injuries....whew!
That would be something your sister would say "SO MY LUCK!!!"
Glad all ended ok...
: )

Jeff and Valerie said...

Yikes! I have to say that you were very brave to drive your car. A big bolt huh?!?!? Did I mention that you were very brave to drive your car.

Glad it is fixed!

Good job Steve.

Snowflowers Mum said...

Wow...I have a '99 Subaru..I'll have to watch for that!

Hayley

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy LID-versary! WooHoo! 5 Months Behind You! Have a super week!
Love,
Your SP

redmaryjanes said...

NO WAY! I can just picture you standing there trying to hold this heavy door up. OH man. My beloved old Yukon has new clunk, hope nothing important falls off.

~Kristen said...

So sad that your beloved was broken... glad to hear it's all fixed now!! And that your toes are still in tact. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Subaru.. I'm a changed woman!

adele and dan said...

new to your blog.
That's pretty funny!! Never had any parts from my car make a run for it...maybe there happy hanging on???:)