Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Rocktober in Colorado

I survived the move of our office last week, and the bigger move of the hospital this past weekend. Thankfully everything went smoothly and 111 kiddos made it safely into their new hospital beds by Saturday night. But what a long day! (...week...month...year...etc.)

To describe my current state of being as "exhausted" would be an understatement.

The low number of baby referrals from China this month is also discouraging (grrr!). But I'm too tired to get worked up about it. Congrats to the folks who got referrals and will see their babies soon!

In other news, President Bush vetoed the Children's Health Bill today. I won't get into a political discussion here, except to say I am disappointed (once again) - but not surprised. This funding is crucial to hospitals like the one where I work - and the children and families we serve. We worked hard the last few weeks toward getting bi-partisan support so the bill would pass through both the Senate and the House. It will be interesting to see what kind of compromise they can come up with now.

And a final note - apparently over the course of the last few weeks when I was working non-stop the Colorado Rockies somehow made it into the playoffs. I'm not a huge baseball fan, and I usually just follow the ups and downs of our teams via the evening news reports...but good for them. This is the first time I've seen the Rockies make it this far since I've lived in Colorado! Denver's Mayor declared today "Purple Wednesday" and is now calling it the month of "Rocktober" ...so Happy Rocktober everybody!

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

Glad the move is behind you!

Sorry about the veto...how discouraging.

redmaryjanes said...

As a former Colorado Girl, I love that it's Rocktober!

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Bush never fails to exactly live up to my expectations of him...one more year ...one more year.

UMMMM, I am a Phillies fan! Uh oh!
Happy Rocktober!
xo
OLM (other Lia's Mom) :)
Wendi

adele and dan said...

I'm a yankee fan and they made it into the playoff too! It's so disappointing they only got thru 5days:( But life goes on and so do I.

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Happy RockTober! You made it through a tough year, day, week, month, minute - but the gelato - that was the icing that melted on the cake... Happy Friday!

Beth and Shayna said...

I am so glad the move went well for you and everyone at Children's. And happy Rocktober to you. I do not follow the Rockies much, but is it is all over the news. I do know why they are winning, Shayna has been wearing Purple this week!