Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ladybug shoes (and other musings)


This continues to be a busy time for me (good, because the wait is going by fast for me right now!) I can't believe I'm almost six months into this wait already...

Today after church, Steve and I went over to the mall to walk around and burn off the huge lunch we had just eaten. Because it was during a Broncos home game, there was no one out anywhere. Denver becomes like a ghost town on Sundays like this - LOL. So at the mall, we stepped into a little gift shop - where low and behold - I found some knockoff Crocs (made in China my friends!) which were cheaper and featured my favorite insect - The Ladybug! Okay - so they ARE a bit much, but I think they will look cute with jeans, and for walking the dogs - or just putzing around the house or yard. Do you love 'em? :)

Let's see...in other news...I met Bill Clinton this week! Now I'm sure not everyone would consider this a cool thing - but I did - and that's all that matters. He gave a speech at a local economic development luncheon and the hospital had a vendor booth which I volunteered to work, so I got to hear the keynote speech for free - and afterward had the chance to meet him, and have him sign a copy of his new book "Giving". He looks a lot older, skinnier, and grayer than he did during the presidential years, but he is still the same, charismatic, amazing speaker that he was then. Anyway - it was a cool moment for me.

On Wednesday I was lucky enough to hear another keynote speech - this time by Geoffrey Canada - the incredibly wise man who established the Harlem Children's Zone in NY, and specifically The Promise Academy. You may have seen him on Oprah. To see a great story about him and what he is doing in Harlem, click HERE. Needless to say, I left this week at work feeling incredibly inspired and motivated, which was NEEDED after the long hours we've all put in over the past several weeks.

Finally - one more pic - of the sweet little bamboo plant I purchased today to help decorate the incredibly small, dull cubicle I will be moving into on Thursday. I decided - if nothing else - I need to make it "my own" - hopefully the bamboo will help!


By the way - I took both photos on this entry with Steve's iPhone - pretty amazing quality, huh?

14 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

Love the crocs!!!

Not crazy about Clinton...but would still be kinda cool to meet a former president.

Cute bamboo plant. Be careful when watering. You need to use filtered/bottled water. I've killed 2 of them.

Beth and Shayna said...

Cute Shoes! And know I am six degrees separated from B. Clinton. Julio and I are quite jealous. I hope your move goes smooth this week!

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

You're too cool for School! Lovin the pink ladybug shoes!

I know this is gonna be a crazy/busy week with the move and all - wish we could help, Steve, Killer & Luna too!

redmaryjanes said...

The bamboo will make your cube very zen.
I have to find a pair of those crocs.
And despite it all, it would still be cool to meet Bill Clinton.

adele and dan said...

Very nice crocs! Meeting Bill Clinton also very cool! Bamboo brings luck in China, so that was a good choice.

Julie and Steve said...

Hi all!

The crocs were purchased at a store called Accentuate the Seasons - phone:(303)279-3969. I have also seen them listed on eBay. They are called "Funky Feet Ladybug Clogs" - they come in pink and teal - and also in children's sizes!

Email Marketing Yenta said...

I think u met two very incredible men this week! As a New Yorker I know Geoff's contributions!amazing. I love my President Bill! So cool!

WSC said...

Ohh Bill! I am SO jealous. The first President I was ever able to vote for....ahhh the memories. And you know us Seattlites love us some liberal men! Your clogs are also very cool! Talk about cool - Bill Clinton in the clogs!!!???!!! Haha! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love the crocs! Over the top? Never!
Good luck with the move to the new cube!
Love,
Your SP

Jeff and Valerie said...

Very cute shoes! Always cool to meet an ex president no matter what "side" you are on! I am sure you will jazz that cube up all cool! Oh and I missed that 60 minutes so I'll have to go and check out the link you provided.

Hope you move goes smoothly!

Chantele said...

LOVE!! The crocs - and I don't think they're over the top - I really like them.

I love bamboo plants - I have a few around the house and one on my desk at work.

Pretty cool about Clinton.

Chantele - FINALLY paperchasing for Eme (Vietnam)

Maia said...

Ooooh - sorry we missed you last Saturday! We were in section 1 (I think...I've taken so many classes now it's all a blur!) on our way out of town.
I have a bamboo too- I've had it for about six months now and it's thriving - three times its original size! Love it.

RamblingMother said...

Loving the shoes.

Beverly

Carol said...

I have a bamboo plant very similiar to this one! It must be hardy because I haven't managed to kill it yet. Although I notice as it grows the bamboo is getting staighter and loosing the curve.