Sunday, February 10, 2008

10 months!



...Mmmmmm - grilled cheese! I love grilled cheese - especially in the winter. My office used to be one block from a place in Denver called Chedd's - a grilled cheese restaurant. All different types of grilled cheese. My favorite is their "California Coast" sandwich. So yummy...Steve and I actually drove over there last weekend just so I could indulge my craving for one of those sandwiches. Their tomato bisque soup is also quite awesome...and what's better than grilled cheese and tomato soup?

On to the topic at hand...yes, folks - it's been 10 months since my LID for Lia. Time flies, eh? (or not). Last year on Feb. 10 I went to my local USCIS office to get myself fingerprinted for my dossier - I was in a hurried race to complete my adoption dossier prior to May 1. So the good news is, I'm not involved in THAT particular stress this year...even if I am involved in a long, drawn-out wait for god knows how long. The CCAA referred 8 days worth of LID dates this month, which is better than the 2-3 days worth they had been referring the past several months. Perhaps this is indicative of a gradual speed up in the process? I will choose to believe - YES. That's all I can do. As I've written here many times before - this entire process is out of my control at this point - so I must go on with my life in the meantime and look forward to Lia joining our home when the time is right...whenever the Universe decides that may be.

As for today, I am just happy that I ended up NOT having to work today! The hospital is hosting a family/community rally around increasing access to health insurance for children in our state (a great cause) BUT I have not really been involved in the planning of the event (for once!) so my boss told me I didn't need to come in on a Sunday to deal with it - which is a relief.

In other news, I went to my aqua class Thursday and yesterday - and now I am feeling it. In general, aqua is a very low "impact" workout (which is why I like it) - but we did a lot of upper body/weight work yesterday and I'm seriously feeling it in my upper back and shoulders. Yikes. At least I have a couple of days before the next class on Tuesday to recover! The hospital has all it's employees enrolled in a "Wellness" program, complete with coaches and journals, etc. You have to "check-in" with your wellness coach every three months. You set goals and enter your "well miles" in your weekly journal online (which your coach monitors also). It's kind of the Big Brother approach to employee wellness, but it's OK. Plus I save $8/month on my health insurance premium by participating. In general I don't mind the program, or the coach they assigned to me. She's a very "gung-ho" fitness freak for sure, but most of the time she is nice. She told me at our last meeting that she just doesn't feel right if her BMI gets above 18. Seriously -EIGHTEEN! Are you freakin kidding me??? Geez - I'm just trying to keep mine below 30. I'm not sure, but I think that was her attempt at "motivating" me. Honestly? It kind of backfired...lol.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend... :)

8 comments:

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Happy 10th Baby! CHEDDS ROCKS TOO!

C's Mom said...

Happy 10 - every month counts for something.

kitchu said...

Happy 10 Julie!!

redmaryjanes said...

10 months in grilled cheese! Very fabulous. Congratulations!

Lisa and Tate said...

Happy 10 month closer LIDiversary!!!

Lisa

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Double digits!!! CongratS!!!!

Beth and Shayna said...

Happy 10 months! And a BMI of 18, did anyone tell her she is a health risk due to being under weight? What a crazy! Happy VD!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Happy BIG 10 months! Late. Yes I know.

Chedds is the best. There is one in Littleton. Yum!