Sunday, February 17, 2008

Am Ahhhh-mazingly Great Day...

Steve and I had the most amazing day today. Actually, it's been a pretty great week...but more on that later...

We didn't do anything extraordinary for Valentine's Day on Thursday. I suggested to Steve several weeks ago that instead of buying each other cards, flowers, candy and the like, I'd much rather we spent our money to do something fun together. We considered a trip to our favorite little mountain cabin, but decided to wait until the weather gets a little better at 8,000+ ft. It's just too cold and snowy up there right now.

So my next suggestion was for us to get a couples massage. I hadn't had a massage in over a year, and Steve was totally up for it. But to my dismay, my fave massage therapist that I went to for several years ago is no longer in business. Bummer. So I started doing research on the internet. I finally found a great place that seemed to have a lot of rave reviews AND actually had some open appointments - so I booked it and today was the big day!

So after church we went out for a great seafood lunch and then had a few minutes to shop and let our food settle before our spa appointment. We went all out and got their "90 minute Soulmates Warm Stone Massage" - oh. my. god. - let me tell you - it was amazing! The spa has a lot of asian-inspired decor and is dimly lit, complete with an indoor waterfall. We started with a warm footbath while we enjoyed champagne and chocolate truffles (insert angel choir singing HERE)...then we got on side-by-side tables and had the most zen massages EVER! If you have never had a warm stone massage - I HIGHLY recommend it! The therapists use warm (almost hot!), smooth, river rocks in their palms as they rub you down. They also place the stones on specific spots along your spine, back and shoulders to loosen up your muscles - it's Aaaaah-mazing.

As mentioned earlier - some other things seems to be coming together for us as well, but I will wait to share those things until the time is right - stay posted everybody! Enjoy the holiday tomorrow (at least those who get the day off - like I actually do - hooray!)



7 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

I am drooling just reading this post. I want to have one of those stone massages desperately!! I wonder if I could get the hubby to do one with me. Hmmmmm...

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, that sounds fabulous. I could really use a massage.

kitchu said...

WOW, that sounds like HEAVEN ON EARTH.

As for what's to come, don't be mean like me and leave people (still) hanging for over a week...

Laurie said...

Oh my - I had one myself a few months ago, and you are right...JUST AMAZING! :-)

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

How lucky am I to have someone in my life as thoughtful and generous as Julie! Thank you sweetie for the great Valentines weekend!

XOXOXO

S

Beth and Shayna said...

It looks like a great spa. And I cannot wait to hear your news!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Ohhh sounds fabulous. I'll have to check that place out. I am in need of a massage!