Monday, March 03, 2008

BIG News...

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


...no, I'm not pregnant.

...and no, I don't have an adoption referral yet.

BUT - I DO have a new job and will be moving soon!!! This is the news I have been holding back the last couple of weeks. I was really waiting for everything to come together - and it HAS!

I am leaving my current position at the pediatric hospital here in Denver and moving back to my hometown - SEATTLE!!! We have been considering this option for quite a few months - and it could not have come together in a more perfect situation. I have actually been offered a job within the adoption community in Seattle! I am absolutely thrilled - and so is Steve. Goodbye snow...hello rain!

Of course there are several friends I will miss terribly from my seven years in Denver. But in the long run, this seems like the perfect opportunity and timing for us. It is also a great chance for me to work in a field I am truly passionate about. You know what they say "do what you love, and love what you do!" My new job starts the first week of April - so there is a lot of stuff to do in the next few weeks...like pack - and find a place to live... eek!

8 comments:

C's Mom said...

Great news! All the best to you in Seattle :0)

~Kristen said...

Holy Cow!!! CONGRATULATIONS JULIE!!!!

You Get packing... while I finish the unpacking!!!!

So happy for you... :o)

Laurie said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear about the job!

Lisa and Tate said...

How totally cool!!! It is a dream to be working for an adoption agency... Keep us posted.

Lisa

Beth and Shayna said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. Please email me, if you have a chance, I would love to hear about the new job. I am so sad we did not get to meet, maybe before you leave? I know Miss Shayna would love to say hi to you. But, we are happy you are moving back 'home.'

kitchu said...

Julie, I am SO happy for you!! And how cool you'll be moving home, and be closer to family- congrats on landing the new job, it sounds amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it!! Good luck with all the details of moving, it sure can be daunting!

Jenna said...

Welcome back to the PNW!

You've still got the rain boots right?

AmyO said...

Congrats on your new job!