Sunday, March 09, 2008

A Bit Overwhelmed...


Moving sucks. We all know that...and this will be my fourth time in three years! Or, to put it in even bigger perspective - my 11th time in 13 years! UGH. I sure hope this is the last move for awhile...

It has been a crazy week. Since we made our decision last weekend to make this move, emotions have been running high. I have literally cried at least once every day since last Friday (when I was offered the job!) Most of the tears are tears of joy - feeling blessed about how everything is coming together. But there is also a little sadness of leaving my friends here in Denver, and a little bit of fear about starting a new job after being at a job I have loved for the past four years...

On Tuesday I made my announcement to my co-workers at our department staff meeting. Halfway thru my announcement, I burst into tears. Seriously. Wednesday we had to tell our landlord we were breaking our lease early...(it was not up until July). Thursday we started making calls to people out in Seattle who have homes for rent - setting up appointments to see houses when we are out there next weekend...Friday we started cleaning and packing like maniacs because our landlord wanted to start showing the house...and Saturday we had people coming thru the house to look at it.

The good news is, it appears we have rented the house - so we will not be held responsible for the rest of our lease (and should get most of our security deposit back!) YAY! Since interstate movers charge you on your move by it's weight, we are now in the process of getting rid of stuff left and right - donating to Goodwill, selling items on Craigslist, and flat out throwing away a LOT of things! It feels really good to simplify. But it is also exhausting! I have literally 10 rubbermaid tubs of stuff just for Lia (and her room!) - what the heck?

Of course every time you move, you come across all sorts of old items - yearbooks, pix of yourself with ex's - as well as pix of yourself looking 10 years youngers and 20 lbs. thinner...talk about motivation to get back on track with your diet...

One of my good friends here in Denver announced on Friday that she will be moving to London in July. I am excited for her (and it makes me happy to think that I won't be leaving her behind here in Denver). I know she and I will stay in contact via email, just as I have with my good friends all over the country - (shoutouts to my girls in Philly, OK City, Des Moines, North Carolina!)

...and of course I am happy to have all my wonderful "cyber" friends who can follow me where ever I go - which is awesome. Somehow, knowing that all of you are out there encouraging and supporting me, makes all these big changes a little bit easier to swallow - thanks ladies! :)

...and now back to packing...

2 comments:

Marcy Dunaway said...

Happy LID-versary!
Looks like I have some catching up to do with you!
You are in my prayers.....
Marcy

Beth and Shayna said...

I am so glad everything is coming together for you guys. I am sad to see you leave Denver, but this is so great for you!!! I hope they have good margaritas in WA.