Sunday, April 13, 2008

Now THAT's what I'm talking about...

Yesterday was a terrific day to be in Seattle! Near-record temps and gorgeous blue skies...a great day to drive with the top down and soak up the sun. I started the morning with a (much overdue) trip to the salon to get my highlights touched up, bushy brows waxed, and my toenails "did". YAY! I feel like a woman again...the people at my new office will probably be shocked tomorrow ("wow - she really DOES have some sense of style!") lol. I had been putting off all these things while we were saving money for the move...

After I got home from the salon, Steve and I decided to take the dogs out for walk at a nearby park. One side of the park borders Puget Sound, so you can walk down along the beach. The beach it's self is very rocky and full of driftwood, but it was beautiful and not as crowded as the sand beaches. The dogs had a blast! It occured to me that Luna had never seen a beach or large body of water before. In Colorado she had seen rivers, streams, and a few ponds and small lakes...but nothing like Puget Sound, with the waves, the ferry boats, etc. She found all sorts of interesting items to sniff and pee on...


After we dropped off the dogs at home, Steve got both our cars washed, and then we headed back out - this time to Alki Beach - to see the sunset. Apparently, at least 25,000 people had the same idea, because the beach drive was backed up for miles! It reminded me of my old high school days of "cruising" the beach for boys and checking out all the cool cars...of course, this time I was IN a cool car, and I already had the "boy" :)


As the sun set behind the Olympic Mountains on the west side of Puget Sound, it was once again clear WHY people are willing to live in a place where it rains 9 months out of the year, and why they had all trekked out to the beach and put up with the crazy crowds...simply GORGEOUS!

11 comments:

kitchu said...

I so love Seattle and always get lucky when i go- sunny :)
beautiful photos...

had a blast at disney with alison and mali (mychinesedream.blogspot.com),
and some other bloggers and they're adorable kids. nothing like a bunch of chinese little girls to help you through the wait!

Unknown said...

Sounds lovely..Beautiful pics

C's Mom said...

Now that's a whole lot of beautiful going on there!

Megan in Denver said...

You better be careful writing posts like this -- you run the risk of me moving out there to bug you. :) I know you and Steve-O don't want a third wheel.

redmaryjanes said...

GORGEOUS!! I love that Spring is making its way to the northern states.

Laurie said...

Sounds fabulous...I have never been to Seattle, but you make me want to come visit! :-)

Kristy said...

It is just beautiful!!!! I amso glad you had a wonderful day with your MAN!!!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

On place I would love to go to one day is Seattle... then again... I would go anywhere... take care

Mommy Spice said...

Wow! What a gorgeous place. I've never been to Seattle.

BTW, happy LID anniversary. Ours is tomorrow.

Jeff and Valerie said...

Your life in Seattle appears to be just fabulous! I could live here in a heartbeat. I love the NW!

Maia said...

Oh, GORGEOUS!!!!
I have to say, I'm more than a bit jealous. I mean, I do still love Denver. But I've always longed to see Seattle...we've been trying to make a trip out there, but these past couple years have been so crazy busy! Maybe we'll make it out there with Flynn someday...