Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Trip to the Groomer

Luna went to the groomer today. First time since we moved. I'm always nervous about leaving her anywhere new with people I don't know or trust. Yes, I'm already a paranoid mom...dog mom anyway! I forgot to take "Before" photos, but here's some cute "Afters"...


She is such a good girl about going to the groomer - and they gave her a cute pink bandana to wear home! Thankfully Steve was able to drop her off and pick her up, since the groomer was booked over a week in advance and I had to work today.

Speaking of which, things have gotten crazy there in recent weeks. I'm finally getting the lay of the land...and it is an incredibly busy land. It is definitely a double-edged sword, being surrounded by the world of adoption day in and day out. Some days it is amazing and the stories I see and hear keep me motivated in the long, long wait for Lia. Other days, it is very hard to see so many other families receiving referrals and getting ready to travel; or sharing their kids' preschool, kindergarten (and even high school and college!) graduation photos with us. But I guess realistically, if I wasn't working there, I would be searching out those stories in other places. So why not be a part of the process from the inside out? Overall, it's a cool thing.

4 comments:

Beth and Shayna said...

Oh, Luna looks so cute with her new haircut. I am glad you like your new job. Any job has its pros and cons and having a passion about what you do is worth it in the end.

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Luna is the star, she's the sweetest doggie and looks great after her new haircut...

C's Mom said...

Looks like Miss Luna came out very well indeed. Groomalicious ;0)

Julia said...

Aw - she looks so cute! I love it when my mini schnauzer gets a fresh cut too. :-)