Friday, July 11, 2008

(Belated) July 4 Photos


On July Fourth Steve and I headed down to the Seattle Center to play tourist a little bit - and to give Steve a chance to see some more of Seattle. We walked around the base of the Space Needle by the fountains, and around the Japanese Garden, thru the amusement park and the Center House.



Afterwards we drove up to the top of Queen Anne Hill and enjoyed the view of downtown:


On the way home we visited the International District (a.k.a. "Chinatown") where I found some books (in English) that will be great for our future munchkin:


All in all, it was a terrific, low-key day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics and what wonderful books

Betsy said...

We really need to get stationed in Seattle some day - it's beautiful. And those books look adorable. Glad you guys had a fun 4th! Miss you!

Beth and Shayna said...

Glad you and Steve had a good time. I love the pictures of Seattle. I hope to visit someday. It has always been on my list of places to go. And now I know someone who lives there!

redmaryjanes said...

Congrats on 15 months down. And your photos look great. It looks like you had a fantastic time!

Marcy Dunaway said...

Sounds like a fun day! Did you get my message that I am in Seattle for layovers this month? I have two more trip there,,,,email me!

Megan in Denver said...

Holy cow! That picture from Queen Anne's is spectacular. Good work! :)

OH MY #6 said...

I want the Buddha at Bedtime book! HOw cute!

Have a good week.

LEa
xo

Mommy Spice said...

Gorgeous pictures. Glad y'all had fun.