Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fremont Sunday Market

Today Steve and I decided to take a drive up to the Fremont Sunday Market. There are many of these quasi-farmer's market/street fairs that happen around different Seattle neighborhoods throughout the summer...but the Fremont one actually has become so popular that it happens year around now! Fremont is a neighborhood north of downtown Seattle. It has changed a lot in the 13 years since I lived in this neck of the woods. Like most of Seattle, it has seen an increase in condos and chain restaurants, but thankfully it has also kept some of it's historical "funkiness".


One of the handmade jewlery vendors had a particular necklace that caught my eye...as we were walking back thru the market to the car, Steve stopped and bought for me. I LOVE IT. :)

We also bought a pound of Rainier cherries - just picked this morning - they are amazing. I am trying to keep myself from eating too many and inducing intestinal distress upon myself. They are SO good though...

There was also a vendor selling crepes - banana & nutella crepes to be specific - just like the street vendors in Paris! When I was in Paris a few years back, I had a banana nutella crepe and a sparkling apple juice (from a can) every morning...not the healthiest endeavor, but luckily I was sightseeing and walked off all those crepes! So when I saw them today, I just HAD to have one.
This was Steve's virgin Nutella experience and I am happy to report he was SOLD. We then had a conversation about the possibility of making Nutella S'mores...which I think could be absolutely amazing...so I will keep you guys posted on the progress of THAT project! :)

Afterwards we ventured into Ballard, a neighborhood northwest of Fremont and down to the Shilshole Marina, then drove back along the downtown waterfront, which was full of tourists and people getting ready to board their cruise ships at the port. All in all, a fun Sunday afternoon!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan in Denver said...

Wow. A new necklace and a nutella crepe. Life is good. :)

I've actually never had a nutella crepe.

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

How have I lived without Nutella? OMG, chocolate goodness in a crepe with Bananas? Yea, the diet is workin... Good times this weekend all around!

Betsy said...

I feel like I'm visiting beautiful Seattle just by reading your blog. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,

I stumbled on your blog. I love the necklace and also love the Fremont Sunday Market.

I'm another single women in the northwest going through an adoption journey. Mine is from Ethiopia.

I wish you an amazing journey!

K. said...

I loooooove your necklace!
It looks like a fun trip. :)

Tracy Dart said...

I love the necklace! Okay, and Steve is how old? and he's never had Nutella? WOW! Glad you got him onboard. Easy on the cherries - they can do a real number on you! :)

OH MY #6 said...

love the necklace! Nutella crepes are awesome.

Lea

Beth and Shayna said...

Cute pic of you and Steve. And I LOVE the necklace!!