Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Two Years

Tonight Steve and I celebrated two years since we met. Why does time seem to fly in some ways, and then D-R-A-G in others (i.e. adoption)?

Life is so strange.

I talked to an past professional acquaintance of mine (from Denver) today. I asked him how things were going...and he said, "every day when I wake up and I'm alive and my wife and kids are alive, and it is a great day!" And I know he was serious, because when I met this person at Children's Hospital - he wasn't sure his child WOULD be alive at the end of the day (happy to report his child is doing well now...) But hearing statements like that really put life - and all it's challenges - into perspective.

I haven't blogged much lately. Not because there's not a lot going on...quite the opposite...but because I'm trying to find a way to wrap my head around everything that's going on.

Back to the posting at hand... Steve and I went out to McCormick & Schmick's Harborside (on Lake Union) for dinner tonight. It was awesome. I had the Northwest Salmon and Halibut saute - complete with blackberries, raspberries, asparagus and wild mushrooms. Steve had the sea scallops...delicious! We are both trying to eat healthier, so we skipped dessert (even though the options looked amazing).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

blog when you can. I love reading whats going on in your life!

amy

Ron said...

Happy anniversary! Mmmm, your meal sounded delightful.

Ron said...

Oops... I was on Ron's account when I commented. Really it's from Betsy! :-)

Tracy Dart said...

Happy Anniversary! 2 whole years! WOW! Well, Steve is a keeper. :) Glad you had a nice dinner! I love Harborside!

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Two wha? Years? Are you serious? And I still know you now? Nice! Can we go back to the beach soon? XoXoX

Beth and Shayna said...

Happy two years with Steve! Dinner sounded yummy and I am so impressed you skipped dessert, I could never do that one, no will power against sweets!