Sunday, November 23, 2008

I am the firestarter....

Okay...not really...

But I did have a hand in hiring the AWESOME fire dancers who opened the live auction at our fundraiser last night!

The agency I work for happens to employ a young woman who dances with (and swallows) fire on the side to make extra money (how's that for a moonlighting career?) She and her fire dance partner gave a great (and safe) performance - no lighting the Hilton ballroom on fire thankfully. Of course we had done a walk thru with fire marshall and the hotel staff prior to the event, so it was all cool.

The theme of the evening was India...aaaaah, the life of an event planner...just when I think I've done it all...I book people to throw fire around in front of my organization's biggest donors!

The event was a great success, particularly considering the current economy. I believe we raised close to $300k last night, which is terrific, and will allow us to continue (and perhaps even expand?) some of our humanitarian aid work on behalf of children in the U.S. and abroad.

My sister Tracy joined me for the event (since Steve was in Spokane). It was a lot of fun. We were seated with the CEO and my VP, so I was a little concerned that if things went off track at any point, I would be expected clean up the mess (or put out any "fires" - LOL - in this case!). But thankfully everything went off without a hitch - HOORAY!

By the way, thanks for all the well wishes from earlier in the week. I finally started feeling better on Friday - thankfully, just in time to gear up for the busy weekend. Now that we've successfully jumped that hurdle, I can really start concentrating on the next chapter of my life and career...the move to Spokane later this week and getting my home office put together and organized. I am so excited to see Steve on Wednesday and finally get to leave WITH him when he leaves town the next time. I'm also anxious to get settled into the new house. I promise more pictures to come! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOO happy to hear the auction went well. Great job and WOW...$300k?? That's great!!!!!
Very exciting week ahead for ya...definitely post pics and you're going to LOVE Cougar Country over there...(that's WSU Cougars for anyone wondering/questioning/etc. HAHA!) Safe travels...

Tracy Dart said...

The fire sancers were so cool...I definitely need to get in touch with them about the street fair. Just while I was typing this I thought of "Inter - MEZZO" (in my sing song voice). Funny! Good times! Thanks for bringing me as your date - you did a great job!

Tracy Dart said...

that would be fire "dancers"...

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

dancers? no one said anything about dancers! lol Looks like fun, wish I could have been there with you... Can't wait to get you over here too! See you sooner XOXOXOX

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS, 300K In this economy? That shows there's a lot of love for children. Amazing!