Tuesday, February 10, 2009

22 Months



Today is 22 months since my log in date in China. I don't really have any other comments about that...the wait just continues... On the bright side, my former "secret" and still-a-pal Marcy received her Letter of Acceptance this week from China. So she and her family will be traveling soon to get their little girl! EXCITING.

For Christmas, Steve bought me some very cool beads at a local shop that sells gifts from around the world. He also got me a gift certificate, so I could go back to the shop and have them strung in to a necklace. So last weekend we ventured to the shop and the woman there actually taught me how to string them myself! It was so fun, and my necklace turned out really pretty... I think this could turn into a really fun hobby for me:


I even made a bracelet to match. They also offer classes in jewelry design and I think I am going to sign up for the next one.

We are off the southern California later this week. It's a work trip for Steve, but it's a radio/music festival being held at a really cool resort, so I am going along to enjoy a mini vacation for the Valentine's Day weekend. The weather is supposed to be somewhat cool and cloudy, but 60 degrees and overcast is still a HUGE improvement over 30s and snow flurries...so I'm happy!

3 comments:

Beth and Shayna said...

Love the necklace! Have a fabu time in CA! So jealous.

Betsy said...

Have a wonderful trip! Your sweetheart, music and warmer temps... can't beat that. Donavon Frankenreiter is not going to be there is he? :-)

You and Steve did a great job with the necklace too. That's totally cool.

kitchu said...

OMG! I didn't know Marcy was your SP! We were on the phone just after she got her referral!! Small world, so cool!

Happy 22- hard to believe THAT much time has gone by, seriously!