Thursday, June 11, 2009

26 Months (+ one day!)


Okay - so clearly the whole skunk episode was traumatic and threw me off schedule for the week, because I totally SPACED that yesterday was the 10th of the month - which was the 26th month anniversary of my log in date in China. So dear baby Lia, when you read these blog entries years from now, please know that I didn't forget you yesterday. In fact, I was wearing my new ladybug charm necklace all day yesterday...but due to "skunk brain"...I simply forgot that it was the 10th of the month.

When I found the "26" photo with the dolphins, it reminded me of my trip to Puerto Vallarta in 2006, where I invested in the experience of a lifetime by swimming with dolpins for an hour...it was SO COOL. My particular dolphin was named Nacho. I'm not sure what I expected a dolphin to feel like, but Nacho felt really smooth and rubbery. Nacho was so friendly and calm. I think we can all learn some lessons from a creature like that...it was seriously one of the best things I've ever done. This photo brings back great memories!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

You're funny, skunk brain.

I wonder if reading this before bed will create another Lia dream tonight? I'll keep you posted.

Hugs to you!

Laurie said...

Cool, cool, cool...26 months behind AND a cool dolphin pic! :-)

Tracy Dart said...

LOL! Watching you swim with the dolphins and seeing how much fun you were having was one of the highlights of my trip to PV as well. (Even if I was nearly attacked by an Iguana while you swam with Nacho). Ha ha! 26 months closer to baby Lia! I am trying to be a very patient Auntie!