Friday, June 26, 2009

A Sad Day...

I was (and still am) extremely saddened by the death of Michael Jackson yesterday. From watching the Jackson 5 cartoons on Saturday mornings as a young child, to rollerskating to the hits from Thriller and dancing with my hairbrush/microphone to “Bad” in the bathroom mirror…many of my childhood/teen memories include the soundtrack of Michael Jackson. Regardless of his eccentric and sometimes strange behavior in recent years, I believe he was simply a misunderstood individual, who now deserves to rest in peace - I hope the media will let that happen.

"...And the dream we were conceived in will reveal a joyful face...And the world we once believed in will shine again in grace...Then why do we keep strangling life? Wound this earth? Crucify its soul? Though it's plain to see, this world is heavenly...BE GOD'S GLOW. We could fly so high, let our spirits never die...In my heart I feel you are all my brothers. Create a world with no fear...together we cry happy tears."
- Lyrics from"Heal the World"
Michael Jackson, 1991

See the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61Q-EZ8R7M

Rest in peace MJ.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Very very beautiful post!

Love, Kristy

Beth and Shayna said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who used to watch the Jackson Five cartoon. I love the song, ABC easy as 123. Oh, those were the days.