Thursday, September 10, 2009

29 Months!



I'm currently knee deep in paperwork getting my adoption homestudy updated. Since we moved to Washington state in March 2008, I've needed to get a homestudy update. And my I600A (U.S. immigration approval) expired in September '08. With the move into our new house last month, we'd finally saved up enough money (close to $3k) and I was able to get the "paperchase" started again. I won't even get into how complicated all this paperwork is, but just know - it could be a fulltime job by itself! But nose to the grindstone...I WILL get it done. Hopefully a couple of years from now I will be able to look back on all this and laugh...OK, maybe not laugh, but at least look back at these years of waiting with relief and a smile?

In the meantime, for the next two weeks I will read Kris and Laurie and Kim's blogs and remind myself that there IS someone amazing and worth waiting for at the end of all this!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

And I see that yet another celeb is receiving an adopted baby in something like six months. I must be missing the big picture! Hmmmmmm.

Julie and Steve said...

Yes - Katherine Heigl and her husband are adopting a special needs baby from Korea. Korea's wait is not as long as China's, and for special needs children, it can actually be quite quick! She does admit they started the process over a year ago...I am really happy for them and for their little girl. :)

Ray and Kathy said...

There is such a great energy around this process right now. In the past your monthly markers on the blog felt like there was an eternity to wait. Now it just feels like Lia is closer than you think. Every good vibe we can draw from the universe is being sent your way and when you're knee deep in paperwork remember -- baby steps put you in place to receive the magic !!

Kristy said...

Yes there is someone amazing at the end of this and guess what.....she will call you Mommy!

Happy 29th LIDversary.

Love and blessings, Kristy