Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Labor-less Weekend

Steve and I had a great Labor Day Weekend. For me, it was "labor-less". Steve had to work a couple of remote broadcasts from furniture and mattress stores in the area. Doesn't it seem like mattress and furniture stores are ALWAYS having sales? And the number of mattress stores always blows my mind. Now clearly, everyone needs a mattress, but how do all these mattress stores stay in business? Do THAT many people buy new mattresses that often?

Anyway - we headed down to Spokane's "Pig Out in the Park" food festival on Sunday. Had myself some banana nutella crepes - yummy. Also did some shopping for some artwork to hang in a couple of strategic places in our new house. Good times!

This coming week is exciting because THREE of my adoption world friends are reaching milestones this week. Kris and Laurie both leave tomorrow for China - whoo hoo! They will be meeting their girls next Monday. I can hardly believe it. All three of us submitted our applications and dossiers to CCAI during the same time period three years ago. Their girls are so cute, and I can only hope to be following in their footsteps soon! My friend Kim, who has been in Kazakhstan since July has finally had her adoption approved and has gotten permission to take her daughter out of the orphanage on Wednesday, so they will be coming home to Memphis in just a short couple of weeks!

No comments: