Wednesday, February 10, 2010

34 Months

Maybe I should start taking bets on how many months this is going to go - now that it seems there might actually be an end in sight? Will I reach 40 months before receiving a referral? Will I reach 40 years old before getting a referral? Who knows (only God at this point).

I was happy to receive a call from the Waiting Child Dept. at my agency last week. They were wanting to go over some of the special needs I had checked on my list and discuss my spectrum of "openness" to varying issues. They hinted to the fact that I may not wait as long as originally predicted due to my openness to certain issues. So hopefully that is a good sign. Of course, it all depends on what kinds of children they receive files on from China in the coming months. There are no guarantees...so until then, I continue to wait not-so-patiently...

I also realize there will be even more weeks and months of paperwork and waiting once I know who Lia is...and even more time will pass before I get to hold her in my arms...

...and I suspect that will be the hardest "wait" of all.

6 comments:

Tracy Dart said...

You have been SO RIDICULOUSLY patient! I used to think I was the patient one of the two of us...but you have proven me VERY VERY wrong. I am in AWE of you and how you have handed this over to God and you know you are on His timeline. I couldn't be more proud of my Big sister! So excited to meet Lia!!! xoxo!

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Many Many Blessings ahead sweetie, your an inspiration to us all. Even though you might not hear that much, you are to me.
XoXoX

Betsy said...

Amen. You rock. I saw a mom and little girl in the grocery store today that made me think of you. The mom was teaching the little girl words while they shopped. So cute! I was there by myself and I think I caught myself just watching them and smiling :)

Jenna said...

didn't a new waiting child list just come out?

Vicki said...

Hi.
It's Vicki from Bringing Emily Home blog.
I have a friend was just out of the BLUE got a referral for a little darling SN girl, one year old. This was NOT expected, but it happened.
Chin up. The future is coming toward you. So is your daughter.
Happy Year of the Tiger.
Best,
Vicki

kitchu said...

here's to 34 and hopefully not much more...

i have to say, the time passes incredibly fast after referral... i was so grateful to have a little time to get more prepared (especially since E was so unexpected and older than we'd anticipated).

i cherished those last months before bringing her home. but now, well, i just cannot imagine my life without her in it.