Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day & Happy Lunar New Year!

Today marks Valentine's Day, and also the beginning of the Lunar New Year festival in Asia. 2010 is the Year of the Tiger - Happy New Year! (Gong Hay Fat Choy!)

No big V-day plans this year...again, saving money for what I hope to be a BIG trip sometime in the coming year, so keeping things low-key. Also trying to avoid the food, candy and sweets that plague this holiday typically. Last year I was headed out to San Diego at this time (where I got to meet my 30-year crush - Rick Springfield - LOL).

In China, the Lunar New Year is the biggest holiday of the year. It is when families come together from near and far to celebrate and spend time with one another - much like our Christmas here in America. A friend of mine posted this YouTube video and I thought it was so happy and really captured the joy and celebration of this special holiday in China:

No comments: