Sunday, May 23, 2010

One Toddler Room...coming soon...and LOA!!!!!

This weekend we headed to IKEA to purchase all of the basics for Lia's room, which I have been eyeing for several months... In my usual way, I had (nearly) the entire list of items pre-printed out including which aisles and bins to locate them in at the warehouse... I am proud to report we were in and out of IKEA with 42 items (including a bed and mattress) in 1.5 hours, with the precision of a NASCAR pit crew. Even better, we were able to fit all of our purchases into the SUV along with our overnight bags, two air mattresses, blankets, toys and food for the dogs - and of course the two dogs themselves. Five hours later we are home and unloaded. WHEW!  Guess what I'll be doing Memorial Day Weekend???


More photos to come next week. Watch out world - my need to "nest" is in overdrive!

P.S. - just rec'd notice of my Letter of Acceptance (LOA!) this morning...10-13 weeks until TRAVEL.

5 comments:

Steve, Killer, Luna said...

Nest? Nesting? Nestor? Is that what's happening around here? Seriously, AMAZING job orchestrating the power session at Ikea! Looking foward to photographing the room when it's complete and REALLY exicted about this little spirit coming to see us!

Jenna said...

yea nesting!

Did you have time for lunch?

Betsy said...

Yay!!!

kitchu said...

what fun!! nesting is the best. that will be a very MEMORABLE weekend for sure! any idea on travel?

Jet said...

I don't know if you know Starfish fosterhome... but I think this is your daughter:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=4266079&id=644087423

Her name at Starfish is Sophia..

Jet